|First Appearance||Spellbound (Flashback)|
Water is a secondary element in Ninjago. Its was used by the Elemental Master of Water who later passed it down to her daughter and current user Nya. This element is associated with light blue and corresponds with the Elemental Water Dragon.
Nya has control over the water and used in a form of vortex (True Potential) allowing her the control over the water (rains, tidal waves, etc). Zane has the same effect with his True Potential, but instead can manipulate the frozen water to produce snowstorms and give the user control over the weather (a part of it), just like the elements of Lightning and Wind.
This elemental power give the user the power to control water (and weather: rains and tidal waves as well).
- Hydrokinesis - The user can manipulate and generate water. Also manipulate the water inside objects (like water bottles). Also the user can encapsulate and/or surround an object, or person moving the water.
- Water Trapping - The user can use water to trap ghosts in it, since it's the only thing known to stop ghosts, as explained by Master Wu during Nya's water training in "Stiix and Stones."
- Rain Generation - The user can make it rain like Nya did in "The Temple on Haunted Hill."
- Water Shield Construction - The user can make a shield of water to protect themselves (works dramatically against ghosts).
- Hydrokinetic Flight - The user is able to propel himself/herself up using water.
- Tidal Wave Generation - Allows the user to create a tidal wave by pushing or pulling a great amount of water, like Nya did when unlocking her True Potential and defeating The Preeminent and the Ghost Warriors.
- Water Sphere Generation - The user is able to generate a sphere of water that they are able to hold in the air.
Via the users' True Potential
- Waterspout Generation - The user is able to surrounded by water to defense or attack.
- Whirlpool Creation - The user can generate whirlpool, swirling bodies of water that can be used to attack or trap enemies.
Seen on the torso of Nya's ninja suit, the symbol for water appears to be the head and wings of a phoenix, with the wings resembling waves of water.
- Chen was able to complete his spell without the use of Water because it's not an element listed in the book. This is also the same for Wind and Time.
- In the 70738 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty set, Nya has what looks like a sai of water.
- Kai and Zane have used water by combining their elemental powers.
|Elements of Ninjago|