|“I say we burrow beneath their beloved city!”|
|"The Day Ninjago Stood Still"|
|Season 2, Episode 8|
|Air date||October 10th, 2012|
|Written by||Dan & Kevin Hageman|
|Directed by||Peter Hausner|
"The Stone Army"
"The Last Voyage"
The Day Ninjago Stood Still is the 8th episode in the second season of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu.
Meanwhile, the Ninja are training Lloyd to fight without using his eyes in Dareth's Dojo, making a mess in the process. While Master Wu waits in the Destiny's Bounty, he uncovers under his hat a picture of himself, Misako, and Garmadon before his banishment. Misako appears behind him, commenting that she had forgotten how pale Garmadon used to be. She shows Master Wu her research of the Green Ninja's prophecy, and while he is gazing over it she mentions how she should have chosen him instead. Master Wu says that the past is the past, but Misako takes his hand as she insists that there is always the future. However, they are interrupted by a strong earthquake, and Zane sends his Falcon to scout for danger.
The Serpentine traverse underground as the Constrictai burrow through until they find a mysterious and ancient door.
In Ninjago City, the Ninja save a woman who was trapped by the collapsing street. Then Misako realizes that, according to the prophecies, the earthquakes is a warning.
While investigating the markings on the door, Skales finds a button that opens it. They go through and find a large army of Stone Warriors, which come to life as the Great Devourer's venom drips onto them. The Serpentine attempt to battle them, but as they are indestructible, the Serpentine are easily overpowered. Acidicus asks if they should retreat, but Skales disagrees and continues fighting, only to be defeated soon after. The Stone Warriors all march out through the door, and then the door shuts, imprisoning all the Serpentine once again.
As the Stone Warriors emerge to the surface and wreak havoc over the city, Master Wu tells the Ninja to gather everyone to an evacuation point to be picked up by the Destiny's Bounty, which the only suitable evacuation point was the roof of the NTV office building. The citizens all head to the building while the Ninja hold off the Stone Warriors using the Ultra Sonic Raider and the Ultra Dragon.
Back on the Island of Darkness, Lord Garmadon finally reaches the top of the mountain, where he finds an enormous clock and the Helmet of Shadows. The Overlord tells Lord Garmadon to take the helmet, which will give him control over the Stone Army—as Garmadon does so, the hands of the clock begin moving. The Overlord explains that the clock is counting down to the final battle, and they will ensure that darkness finally overwhelms the light.
As the citizens go to the top of the building by the staircase, the Ninja continue to hold off the Stone Army. However, Misako realizes she dropped her valuable research scroll as she was going up, and goes back down to retrieve it. But the Bounty has to take off as the Stone Army started damaging the ship's boosters, and at the last minute, Master Wu jumps off the ship and goes to assist Misako. Misako notices her scroll tangled up in the wires of the long ceiling lights, and after seeing the Stone Army gaining on her she is forced to jump onto the wires and carefully climb down to her scroll. After retrieving it, she attempts to jump back onto the staircase railing to no avail, finding herself at risk of falling.
Master Wu rushes in to fend off the Stone Army, helping Misako up and rushing to another room. As they get cornered nearby a large open window, they both use Spinjitzu to defeat some Stone Warriors. Their Spinjitzu has no effect, and seeing as there were too many Stone Warriors, they jump out of the building and unexpectedly land on the Bounty. The wind blows away the picture under Master Wu's hat, but Misako reminds him that the past is the past, but there is always the future.
At the Island of Darkness, Lord Garmadon wears the new helmet proudly, declaring that he is back.
- Acidicus - Paul Dobson
- Cameraman - Paul Dobson
- Constrictai - Ian James Corlett
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Dareth - Alan Marriott
- Female Owner - Kelly Sheridan
- Gayle Gossip - Kelly Sheridan
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd - Jillian Michaels
- Lord Garmadon - Mark Oliver
- Misako - Kathleen Barr
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- Overlord - Scott McNeil
- Master Wu - Paul Dobson
- Skales - Ian James Corlett
- Skalidor - John Novak
- Stone Warrior - Alan Mariott
- Zane - Brent Miller
- When the Ninja help the woman out of the sinkhole, Cole has his shoulder pads, but lacks them in one shot.
- When the Bounty arrives to the NGTV rooftop, Misako says "Look!" but her lips doesn't move.
- This episode marks the final appearance of the Serpentine in this season. They are later seen nine episodes later, in "The Curse of the Golden Master," where they have changed in numerous ways.
- When the Ninja and citizens of Ninjago City were blocking the buildings doors, in the background are televisions, on some of them are the story of the Golden Weapons (from "Way of the Ninja"), the Slither Pit fight between Skales and Slithraa (from "Rise of the Snakes"), the fight with the Great Devourer (from "Day of the Great Devourer"), and when the Fangpyre invaded Ed and Edna's junkyard (from Snakebit).
- The name of this episode may be based on the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still."
- This marks the final onscreen appearance of the Ultra Sonic Raider.
- This marks Snappa's only speaking appearance in the series.