Spinjitzu is a martial arts technique in the world of Ninjago. It involves the user tapping into their innate elemental energies while spinning rapidly, creating a tornado-like vortex of energy around themselves.
Spinjitzu grants the user the ability to create a tornado of a specific element and color around themselves.
The user is also given the ability to wield the Golden Weapons properly. One of the things required to fully master Spinjitzu is to gain one's True Potential, unlocked once the person overcomes a personal problem that was preventing them from being at peace with themselves.
- First Spinjitzu Master
- Sensei Wu
- Sensei Garmadon
- Nuckal (Only with the Golden Weapons)
- Kruncha (Only with the Golden Weapons)
- Golden Master
Types of Spinjitzu
- Tornado of Creation - used by the four Ninja
- Creation - used by Sensei Wu and Lloyd Garmadon
- Earth - used by Cole
- Lightning - used by Jay
- Ice - used by Zane
- Fire - used by Kai and Nya
- Destruction - used by Lord Garmadon
- Unknown Silver Spinjitzu - used by Misako
- Golden Power - used by Lloyd Garmadon, First Spinjitzu Master, and the Golden Master
LEGO Universe Only
- Imagination - used by Neido
- Maelstrom - a power similar to Spinjitzu that the Skulkin wield physically through the act of roughly spinning in a sloppy fashion.
- Each of Ninjago's Dragons are able to perform something similar to Spinjitzu when they cross over to the Underworld.
- Although the element of a user's Spinjitzu is always based on their natural elemental affinity, the color of the resulting tornado appears to be influenced by the color of their outfit. For instance, Zane's Spinjitzu generated a pink tornado in “Can of Worms”, after his white gi was turned pink after being washed with Kai's red gi.
- Cole is an exception, however, as he does not possess a black Spinjitzu tornado; his is brown.
- In “Return of the Overlord,” a Dark Matter-infected Nya uses what appears to be a crimson Spinjitzu tornado when she first attacks the Ninja.
- It is unknown if the secondary elements are used in Spinjitzu.
- Its appearance resembles a tornado.
- It's similar to another Elemental form known as Airjitzu.