| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details and spoilers for a current or future season.
|Run time||22 minutes per episode|
|First US air date||TBA|
|Last US air date||TBA|
|Written by||Dan and Kevin Hageman|
Season 8: Sons of Garmadon
Season 9 of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu is an upcoming season preceded by Season 8. The Master of the Golden Dragon is the mascot character and possibly the focus character, Iron Baron serves as the main antagonist, and the Dragon Keepers are the villainous faction of the season. Little is known about the season, except that the sets are scheduled to be released around August 2018.
Stranded in the Realm of Oni and Dragons, Wu and the original four Ninja (Kai, Zane, Cole, and Jay) must fight against the Dragon Keepers in order to free the dragons and claim the pieces of the Dragon Harness. Meanwhile, in Ninjago, thinking their friends are dead, Lloyd and Nya form a resistance against the continuing threat of the pure evil Emperor Garmadon and Harumi.
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Dareth - Alan Marriott
- Emperor Garmadon - Mark Oliver
- Harumi - Britt McKillip
- Iron Baron - Brian Drummond
- Heavy Metal - Ian James Corlett
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd - Sam Vincent
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward
- Skylor - Heather Doerksen
- Master of the Golden Dragon
- Teen Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
|Season Ep #||Series Ep #||Image||Episode name|
The banner on the Season 9 sets has the usual Ninjago logo in white, and next to it appears to be the Golden Dragon Master shrouded in black smoke.
- 70644 Master of the Golden Dragon (flyer)
- 70645 Cole Master of Dragons (flyer)
- 70646 Jay Master of Dragons (flyer)
- 70647 Kai Master of Dragons (flyer)
- 70648 Zane Master of Dragons (flyer)
- 70649 Nya Master of Dragons (flyer)
- 70650 Destiny's Wing
- 70651 Confrontation in the Throne Room
- 70652 Stormbringer
- 70653 Firstbourne Dragon
- 70654 War Rig
- 70655 The Dragon Pit
- The Hageman Brothers have already completed writing the entire season.
- Tommy Andreasen has confirmed that the season will have the "same as most other seasons" when asked about the season's episode count on Twitter.
- It is possible that Season 9 will be released in 2018—and if so, it would be the second year that this has happened. The first time was in 2015 with The Tournament of Elements in the spring and Possession in the summer.
- According to a leaked calendar, the sets for this season will come out in August of 2018.
- There will be a Jay flashback, similar to those of Cole and Zane in Season 8.
- The Ultra Dragon is set to return in this season, not being seen since the Season 2 finale, "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master."
- The Ninjas' suits this season are their exact suits from the last episode (war-torn) but with added armor elements, likely found in the Realm of Oni and Dragons they were marooned in.
- It is unknown if the Sons of Garmadon would reappear in this Season, just like Lord Garmadon, since Harumi appears in the sets.
- It's unknown if Lloyd will regain his power of Energy, as in a picture of the Ninjas' Season 9 suits, Lloyd's green eyes have returned.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, the season's name starts with "H."
- According to a leaked calendar, the Ninja are trying to "free the Dragons."
- A new character known as the Master of the Golden Dragon will be introduced.
- In the first unofficial images, they used the Kai template. We know that he isn’t Kai because there were more leaked images of Master of the Golden Dragon where he had either white or black eyebrows.
- It is possible that the Master of the Golden Dragon’s armor could be the collectible items for this season as it can be seen in different shrine side builds throughout the sets.
- Settlement in the Throne Room appears to be the only set that doesn't take place in the Realm of the Oni and the Dragon.
- According to a teaser video, Ian James Corlett will be voicing Heavy Metal.
- "The Weekend Whip" will be returning this season.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, the events of Season 9 take place one week after the events of Season 8.
- Dareth will appear again this season.
- It is possible that there is a Season 10 since the Hageman Brothers said in a tweet that, "Nobody ends on 9."
- For April Fools day, Tommy Andreasen posted a status on Twitter with three events from Season 9, two of which are real and one of which is fake. The three events stated that the Ninja will speak the language of the dragons, that Dareth will unlock his true power, and that there would be a talking rat. So far, none of these events have been confirmed or denied.
- Skylor and Harumi will return this season, according to leaked set images.
- There had been long debate as to whether Skylor still had her powers. This mystery might be revealed in this Season.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/975113088033681408?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/947519274477932544
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/Be9Uy9tFdKa/?taken-by=ianjamescorlett
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/965857386903859200
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/966727373524819993