- Not to be confused with the set.
|“It's no Samurai X suit, but it came in handy.”|
|— Nya, Dark Island Trilogy, Part 1|
The Salvage M.E.C. is a vehicle created by Ronin, and one of his two main vehicles along with R.E.X. On The Dark Island, Ronin built the mech to fight against the Sky Pirates. Some time later, on the Day of the Departed, Ronin stole scrapmetal from Ed and Edna's junkyard to renovate the mech. Though it was a selfish act, it wound up saving Jay from a resurrected Samukai, who attacked the blue Ninja and his parents at the junkyard. Ronin used the Salvage M.E.C. to help Jay battle and defeat Samukai, Krazi and Frakjaw.
After being stranded on The Dark Island, Ronin used bits and pieces of scrap to construct the M.E.C as a way to defend himself.
Ronin used the M.E.C. to continue battling the Sky Pirate Crew on the Dark Island.
On the Day of the Departed, Ronin set out for Ed & Edna's Scrap N Junk hoping to acquire some scrap for use in improving his mech while everyone was busy with the festivities. Contrary to expectations, the junkyard was not abandoned but was the site of a battle between Jay and Samukai, whose Skulkin warriors were holding Ed and Edna hostage. Ronin rescued the pair, enabling Jay to defeat Samukai and send him back to the Departed Realm, and was then given some scrap by Ed and Edna, who informed him that if he'd wanted the building material "all he had to do was ask."
Later, while the Ninja scaled up a building, Ronin had to fight a Vermillion with the mech.
- Net-Launcher: The mech has a cannon to shoot out nets.
- Shoulder-Mounted Cannons: The cannons have the ability to shoot out projectiles.
- In set form, the Salvage M.E.C. wields a golden bow, which doesn't appear in Day of the Departed.
- Before the Salvage M.E.C. appeared in the TV series, a similar type of vehicle was employed by Ronin and his goons in the non-canon video game LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin.