|“If Krux and Acronix get all four, they will be able to take all these Vermillion Warriors anywhere in Time. . . .”|
|— Cyrus Borg|
|"Out of the Fire Into the Boiling Sea"|
|Season 7, Episode 9|
|Air date||May 25th, 2017|
|Written by||David Shayne|
|Directed by||Peter Hausner|
"Pause and Effect"
"Lost in Time"
The Hands of Time blackmail Kai and Nya into using their combined Elemental powers to retrieve the fourth and final Time Blade from the Boiling Sea, with the promise that the siblings can use its reversal power to save the quickly-fading Master Wu. Meanwhile, the Ninja and Cyrus Borg get unexpected help from Samurai X as they attempt to destroy the Hands of Time's time-traveling snake mech before it's operational.
- Acronix - Ian Hanlin
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Cyrus Borg - Lee Tockar
- Garmadon - Mark Oliver
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Krux - Michael Daingerfield
- Lloyd - Jillian Michaels
- Maya - Jillian Michaels
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- Ray - Vincent Tong
- Zane - Brent Miller
- Samurai X
- When Krux is saying "The final Time Blade will soon be ours!" Acronix is missing the Pause Time Blade, which was in his left hand in the previous shot. However, it comes back in the next shot.
- On Machia's airship, Acronix had the Pause and Forward Time Blades and Krux had the Reversal and Slow Motion Blades. When they were stopping Zane from disabling the Iron Doom, they switched Blades.
- Similar to how Jay and Nya created a Hydro Electric fusion dragon in Wishmasters, in this episode Kai and Nya create a Fusion Dragon of their own.
- Coincidentally, Nya was involved in both these dragon fusions.
- The new Samurai X warrior returns in this episode to help the Ninja, having previously fought Nya in Secrets Discovered.
- In that episode, Samurai X impersonated the voices of others. However, in this episode they have a new, distinct voice and a new, dark blue outfit.
- This episode marks the first appearance of the Iron Doom, the colossal mech-weapon constructed by the Vermillion.
- The episode title is a pun on the saying "Out of the frying pan into the fire", meaning getting from a bad situation to a worse one.
- It also reflects on how the Ninja got out of a worse situation but are stuck in an even worse situation than before.
- This episode has the longest title of any in the series so far.