|The home page of the Ninjago Wiki.|
Manual of Style
|Describes how the formating and editing should be done.|
|Where any user can request for Moderator, Administrator, or Bureaucrat rights.|
The Manual of Style is a set of rules and guidelines for the Ninjago Wiki. If something you have a question about is not covered here, leave a message with one of the Samurais or Sensei.
Chat Rules and Guidelines
- We strive for the chat to be a family-friendly environment. This means no swearing, no abbreviations containing swear words, no inappropriate or controversial comments (including sexual or religious comments without context, or verbal aggression towards others), and no linking to anything that contains any of the above. If there is any confusion on what can or can't be said, private message a mod and ask.
- You must be 13 or older to use the chat. Underage users will have their account blocked until they are old enough.
- Do not insult or verbally attack anyone on a personal level, regardless of what they say or do.
- Do not bring up a subject for the sole purpose of provoking an argument.
- Do not request anyone's personal information. This includes age, full name, address, and phone number.
- Advertising is COMPLETELY against the rules of our wiki. You need to ask permission to give a link that is NOT a page inside the wiki.
- Please use proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization to the best of your abilities.
- No spamming. This includes unnecessary and pointless remarks, comments that break the flow of a conversation, and punctuation abuse.
- No idlers. This does not mean coming into the chat, talking and contributing, then idling; rather, this applies to those who come into the chat with zero edits and don't say a thing.
- Chat moderators will not abuse their privileges.
The breaking of these rules will result in being kicked from the chat, with further offenses constituting a ban ranging from a minimum of 2 hours to a maximum of infinite.
Leaked Information and Speculation
Leaked information, speculation, and rumors are not allowed on the Ninjago Wiki. Leaked information consists of images with a "confidential" watermark that sometimes find their way onto the web. Speculation and rumors are any assumption about the story or set that does not have confirmation in official media. Any and all information about leaked sets are not allowed. Wait until the sets appear on shop.lego.com before adding them to the Wiki. Plot points from episodes may only be added to a page once the episode has officially aired at some point in the world and even then, the page must have the spoiler template added to the top of it.
Copying Information from Other Sites
WARNING - Copying and pasting information from other wikis or websites will lead to a one day ban! Continuing to do so will lead to a one week, then a one month, then, finally, a permanent ban! Plagiarism is taken very seriously, and will not be tolerated!
Every single page on the Ninjago wiki should have a proper template. There are specific templates for Character, Object, Location, Cards, Sets, and Creature. These should be filled out appropriately, every section either containing correct information or "N/A" if it does not apply. A good example of proper template usage would be the Lord Garmadon page.
When picking the color on a set template, you must use the color appropriately. Fire sets must be colored red, Lightning sets must be colored blue, Ice sets must be colored gray, Earth sets must be colored black. When editing the snake set pages, Venomari must be green, Fangpyre must be red, and Hypnobrai must be blue. Please choose the color primary to the majority of the set. An example would be 9441 Kai's Blade Cycle: it comes with a fire vehicle and a Hypnobrai shrine, with the template being red because the majority of the set is Fire. Another example is 9440 Venomari Shrine: the set includes both Zane and the Venomari Shrine, but the template is colored green because the majority of the set is Venomari.
There are six main kinds of articles on the Ninjago Wiki, as covered below: Set Pages, Character Pages, Object Pages, Location Pages, Card Pages, and Creature Pages.
Set Pages should always begin with the set number (e.g., 2509 Earth Dragon Defense). The first section should have a basic description of the set, mentioning important characters and items featured in the sets, and the year it was released. Following that should be the description of the set taken from LEGOShop.com. The final section would be a gallery. A good example of a set page is 9441 Kai's Blade Cycle. Also, please do not edit the LEGO.com Description, unless the information was pasted incorrectly or vandalized.
Character Pages should be titled with the Character. The first section of a character page should be brief, short info on the general character. The next section should have some history, biography, and/or NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu info (Remember: NO LEAKED CONTENT!). Then, if the character is on Ninjago.com, use the description in the next section. The last section should be a gallery. A good example of a character page is Kai. Also, please do not edit the LEGO.com Description, unless it is incorrect.
Please add content!
Location pages should be titled with the location name. It should include a template next. After that, you should put a small summary of the location, followed by the climate (if available). Climates can be found on the locations on Ninjago.com. Then comes the history (if known). Next should be the description from Ninjago.com (if it has one), followed by a gallery.
Card pages should be titled with the Card number, a space, a hyphen, another space, and then the name. It should include a template. They should be followed by a short summary of the card (example used on most battle card pages: Card __ - ______ is a Battle Card used in the Ninjago Spinjitzu Spinners game). This should be followed by the Stats (use the images Fire_Symbol.png, Lightning_Symbol.png, Ice_Symbol.png, and Earth_Symbol.png to put the card stats). Then put How to Use, Requirements (the start of the requirement on a battle card should be in bold (i.e: ...Fire SP 100 info here..), and finally the set it is found in.
Page Category requirements
Serpentine Character pages
- <Class here> (Scout, Serpentine Leader, etc.)
- <Tribe here>
- <Tribe here>
- <Class> (General or Soldier)
- Weapons (If Weapon)
- Spinjitzu (If Golden Weapon)
- Golden Weapons (If Golden Weapon)
- <Element> (If elemental)
- <Year appeared> (2011 or 2012)
- Dragons (If Dragon)
- Spinjitzu (If Dragon)
- <Year appeared>
P.S.- Do not put a year for this kind of page.
- <element> (If it has one)
- <year appeared>
- 9000 sets (Or whatever it is)
- <Year released>
- <Serpentine tribe of minifig> (If it has a serpentine minifig)
- Serpentine (If it has a Serpentine minifig)
- Skulkin (If has Skulkin minifig)
- Ninja Vehicle (If it is a Ninja vehicle)
Sensei Wu's guide to the wiki
"Can you make a giant ham sandwich?"
Please refrain from making pages with very little importance (Bus token, chair, etc)
"King of Shadows."
Please refrain from making duplicate/extra accounts.
"You've bit me once, now feel what is it to be bitten back!"
Don't be mad at other users. If someone was bullying you, please contact one of the Clan members if you need help, and we'll be glad to assist you!"
"Bow to your master, BOW TO YOUR MASTER SERPENTINE!"
Please don't go requesting Clan rights until you have the fitted requirements.
"Father was the fool!"
Be nice to other users on the wiki, especially on chat.
"If there are more then one ninja, is it ninjas, or just ninja?"
Use proper grammar when on chat and editing pages, or use the spellcheck program to check your work.
"More like mouth of lightning..."
Don't spam nonsensical and pointless messages on the chat. Instead, have a nice conversation with the users online, and don't share personal information.
"A little slow today, huh?"
Don't idle and stay on the chat for excessive periods of time. If you were truly "AFK" (away from the keyboard), then it would be okay. If you came on the chat with no contributions and you were a new user that only came to roleplay, edit first, then you are allowed through the chat. If you idle on the chat, this may result in a kick, ban, or even a block from any Admins or Bureaucrats.