|First Appearance||Way of the Ninja|
Lightning is one of the main elements of Ninjago. It is the element of electricity — with some ties to wind as well — and it is generally associated with the color blue. It was first practiced by the First Elemental Master of Lightning, and over a hundred generations later, it was practiced by the Previous Master of Lightning and was passed down to her son, Jay. This element corresponds with the Nunchucks of Lightning, the Lightning Dragon, and the Elemental Lightning Dragon.
- Electrokinesis - Create, generate, increase, absorb, conduct, shape, and manipulate electricity of various intensities. Some users of this element can redirect natural lightning in an electrical storm. Also, the user can absorb electricity while removing the source, and using against an adversary.
- Electrokinetic Flight - As seen in "The Invitation," allowed Jay the ability to fly.
- Technopathy - One application of Lightning, as Jay taught Lloyd, is to overload and power electrical devices or systems, as seen in "Double Trouble." Lloyd used his Lightning powers to overcharge a light bulb, allowing him to use the shards of glass to free himself from his bonds.
- Electrical Force Field - The user can generate a shield of electricity as a defensive tactic (similarly to its Elemental Shield).
- Electricity Immunity - Some users of lightning are immune to concentrated electricity and natural lightning.
- Electrical Infusion - the user can infuse objects (Usually a weapon), beings or powers with electricity, empowering and energizing them and allowing the user to manipulate their qualities and efficiency and use electricity in various ways to attack.
- Electrical Bolt Projection - The user is able to create and project bolts of electricity and control the intensity/power of their projectiles, the bolts aren't weak but may not be as powerful as a full powered attack.
- Electricity Surface Creation - The user can send electricity through a surface (often the ground or a floor), to channel electricity, sending electric shocks to anything in contact with them or the surface.
- Electric Orb Projection - Few users are able to project an orb of electricity as seen in "Home," when Jay tried to break Cole free from the Hypnobrai's hypnosis.
Via the users' True Potential
- Lightning Mimicry - The user can temporarily transform their body completely in electricity.
- Electroportation - This allows the user to also "teleport" short distances using electrical currents.
- Previous Lightning Master
- Nuckal (with Nunchucks of Lightning)
- Morro (briefly, likely using Lloyd's power)
|Elements of Ninjago|