|Jay||Jay (Shadow of Ronin)||Jay (Ninjago Movie)|
|“If you don't like sneaking why did you become a ninja?”|
|Weapon of choice||Nunchucks|
|First Appearance||Way of the Ninja|
|Voiced by||Michael Adamthwaite|
Jay Walker (born Jay Gordon) is the Elemental Master and Ninja of Lightning. He was recruited by Wu to become a Ninja alongside Cole, Kai, Zane, Nya, and Lloyd. The group became close friends and fought against the Serpentine and the Stone Army; Jay also formed a relationship with Kai's sister, Nya. After Lloyd defeated The Overlord, peace resumed until The Overlord returned and corrupted the Nindroid army. During this time, a love triangle formed between Jay, Nya and Cole, and shortly after Zane seemingly died.
The Ninja parted ways after Zane's death, but after learning he was alive, they journeyed to Chen's Island and entered a tournament of elements to find him. Cole made amends with Jay over his relationship with Nya, and the Ninja and Elemental Masters fought Chen's army. Soon after, Jay would help the Ninja battle Morro and many ghosts, with Nya defeating them at Stiix. With the Cursed Realm gone, the Ninja were faced with Nadakhan, who framed the Ninja and trapped many of them in his sword. Jay and Nya battled the Sky Pirates, but Nya was ultimately killed, Jay used his last wish to undo recent events, and he rekindled his relationship with Nya. On the Day of the Departed, Jay and his parents were attacked by a revived Samukai, who Jay defeated with help from Ronin.
Jay was born the son of famous actor Cliff Gordon and the Elemental Master of Lightning. For unknown reasons, as a baby he was given up by his parents, and left at the doorstep of an inventor couple, Ed and Edna Walker, the owners of a large junkyard. The two adopted Jay as their own son.
At some point, he left his home to test one of his inventions, a set of Mechanical Wings. The wings worked well, but Jay ended up crashing into a billboard. As he picked himself up on the rooftop he fell onto, he met Master Wu and learned of his potential to become a Ninja. Interested by the old man's offer, Jay took up residence at the Monastery of Spinjitzu and began his training, meeting Cole and Zane in the process.
Finding the Golden Weapons
Ninjago at Peace
Jay flew Nya back to Four Weapons with his Lightning Dragon (now named "Wisp"), so she could gather her things and move in with the Ninja. Unbeknownst to him, Nya was attacked by Wyplash and three of his minions within the shop. The sound of a fight caught his attention, prompting him to hurry into the blacksmith, only to find Nya calmly packing the rest of her possessions. He asked her what the sound was, but she replied that it was "just some Samurai helmets and stuff." With that, Jay and Nya climbed aboard the Lightning Dragon and flew back to the Monastery of Spinjitzu.
Although Master Wu told the Ninja to continue their training, they opted to spend their time racing on their dragons. Jay won the race one day, and began bragging that he was the best Ninja because of it. In response, Cole challenges his friends to another race, with the winner becoming "Dragon Master" for a month.
During the race, Cole and Jay sped through the forest, with Wisp's agility allowing it to dodge around the trees. The group approached the Monastery neck and neck, but Cole arrived first by dangling a chicken in front of his dragon's nose. When Cole proclaimed himself "Dragon Master" for a month, Jay and the others claimed that they never agreed to those terms, challenging the Black Ninja to another race the next day.
One night, while the Ninja were sleeping, Kruncha and Nuckal infiltrated the Monastery of Spinjitzu to steal the Golden Weapons. Jay proved to be the most difficult Ninja to separate from his weapon, as he was cradling the Nunchucks of Lightning in his arms, but the skeletons managed to replace the nunchucks with a cotton candy cone before Jay could wake up and notice the switch. Luckily for the Ninja, Kruncha and Nuckal quickly discovered that they could not control the Golden Weapons, causing them to accidentally activate the training course and batter each other with out-of-control Spinjitzu.
Jay was stirred from his slumber when he heard Kai yelling that the training course had turned itself on again. In response to Kai's demand for the glitch to be fixed, Jay grumpily yelled that he would look at it in the morning, apparently unaware that his weapon had been replaced in his arms. He was soon fast asleep once more, preventing him from noticing the Skulkin Generals replacing the Nunchucks of Lightning in his arms before making their exit.
Return of the Serpentine
The Final Battle
The Overlord's Return
The Tournament of Elements
Quest for the Tomb of the Spinjitzu Master
Having claimed the Ultra Stealth Raider jet, Jay raced with his teammates to get to the Ninjago Museum of History in time to get Day of the Departed lanterns. After viewing the new Hall of Villainy exhibit, Jay parted ways from his teammates to spend the holiday with his parents Ed and Edna. Unfortunately, their holiday was interrupted when Samukai, returned from the Departed Realm due to the magic of Master Yang and the Yin-Yang Eclipse, attacked the junkyard in order to dispatch Jay using his Departed Blade. Jay was left on the ropes due to a pair of Skulkin holding his parents hostage, but was able to fight and finish off Samukai due to the unexpected intervention of Ronin.
Meeting up with his teammates (minus Cole) Jay learned that they had suffered similar attacks, as Wu appears and tells them of Yang's plans of distracting them as Morro appears confirming this. Jay is angered to see Morro and readies for a fight questioning if any other ghosts would appear but Wu tells them Morro is there to help and the latter tells that Yang tricked Cole to open rift to return to Ninjago. Jay questioned how Cole got tricked but Zane points he was there as the ninja realized to their horror that they had forgotten about Cole due to the latter's increased rate of fading. With this news, the ninja swiftly headed off to find Cole while Morro returned to the Departed Realm.
The ninja flew the Destiny Bounty to Temple of Airjitzu to find Cole as he fought to prevent Yang's escape through the Rift of Return, but were unable to reach him due to the wind generated by this event. Fortunately, their arrival gave Cole the strength to overcome his doubts and allow him to defeat Yang, who was then left in a state of bemoaning. Jay was confused when Cole started to talk to Yang before encouraging the latter to head through the rift. After Yang was redeemed by Cole's words of encouragement, he allowed Cole to make his way through the rift just before it closed as the ninja were caught in its shockwave.
They have a hard landing near the Temple of Airjitzu, before wondering if Cole made it in time. Fearing the worst, Jay stated he'd give anything to have him back just as an overhearing Cole asks about this before emerging from behind a rock human once more. The Ninja celebrate their friends return and their families and make the Temple of Airjitzu, now cleansed of evil magic, their new base though Jay had expressed fears about it continuing to be haunted. The next Day of the Departed, the ninja with their families and friends gathered at the temple and listen to Cole's story. Jay was annoyed with Cole telling the same story asking if he was going to do that every time the holiday came as Cole states he'll stop if Jay admits his fear as he reluctantly does so stating there are no more ghosts which Cole "confirms". Those gathered then released the lanterns in celebration of those who had gone before them.
Having short, orange-brown hair, Jay generally wears blue clothing to represent his elemental color. On his unique-looking frowning expression, he has a notch in his right eyebrow.
Since "The Royal Blacksmiths", Jay wore a blue jacket with a white stripe over a white t-shirt and blue pants for his casual clothes. He wore a blue beanie over his hair in Season 6.
From "My Dinner With Nadakhan" to "Wishmasters," Jay wore a dark blue eye patch over his left eye. Briefly in "The Way Back," during a battle with the Sky Pirates, he wears a similar second eyepatch over the same eye that is black instead of dark blue.
For more images on Jay's appearance in his different ninja suits, click here.
To see Jay's relationship, click here
Jay is the most light-hearted of all the Ninja. He is always telling jokes, most of which are only funny to himself. He usually does this to cover up fear or anxiety, as revealed in Season 6. He enjoys boasting about his abilities, much to the annoyance of the others, but he proves to be a good friend and a skilled fighter. He is also somewhat high-strung, typically being the first to panic in dire situations.
Jay is fond of inventing, technology, and the color blue. Technologically, Jay is the smartest out of all the six Ninjas; this is because he is raised in a junkyard. Jay also has a crush on Nya, and often stumbles on his words around her, although they both eventually reveal their feelings for each other at the end of Season 6.
Weapons and AbilitiesWind: Jay has been seen using the element of wind in a small vortex, but only once. It is assumed to be a side power associated with his main element: lightning.
Jay can harness the power of Lightning to create a Spinjitzu tornado of pure electricity. His lightning powers were enhanced further by the Nunchucks of Lightning, and later by his Elemental Blade. In close-range combat, he favors nunchucks, but has used katanas and various improvised weapons on occasion.
Jay has an eye for machines and gadgets, being in charge of repairing and maintaining the various technology at the Ninja's disposal. He was responsible for restoring the Destiny's Bounty to a functional state and equipping it with the modifications needed to make it fly. Over time, his inventing side was less emphasized, due to Nya and Dr. Julien taking up the role of gadgeteer, but Jay's skill with technology should not be underestimated.
Jay is the ninja of Lightning, a talented inventor with a crazy sense of humor and a huge crush on Nya. He loves all the new technology around today, although his efforts to take it apart and figure it out have led to more than a few explosions. He even has a Cyrus Borg poster on the wall of his room. Although the ninja have been through many fearsome fights, Jay is still the same fast-talking adventurer he has always been.(Even Nindroids cannot get this ninja down.)But he can sometimes make his teammates crazy!
- When Jay uses his electrical powers to his fullest, he creates 1.21 gigawatts.
- Jay once invented a Spinjitzu powered slingshot … but it backfired.
- Sometimes Jay wakes up in his sleep because he accidentally zaps himself.
- Jay's favourite dancing style is electric boogie.
- Jay and Nya once went dancing on a date, but it spun out of control.
- Jay only has four Character Cards, as his DX card was never made.
- Therefore, Jay is the only Ninja without his actual golden weapon on a character card.
- Jay was the second Ninja to find his true potential, the first being Zane.
- He only has three spinners (not counting Lloyd), whereas all the other Ninja have at least four.
- He was the first of the Ninja to learn Spinjitzu, the second to unlock his True Potential, the third to find his Golden Weapon, and the fourth to find his own Obsidian Weapon.
- Jay's first name may be a pun on the bird Blue Jay, since his elemental color is blue. His full name, Jay Walker, may be a pun on the term "jaywalk." This would later be somewhat averted upon the revelation that his true name is Jay Gordon.
- Jay's inventions are said to fill entire warehouses, some of which he cannot remember the names or functions of. Some of his inventions are:
- A blanket that can keep you cold on warm nights.
- A parchment that can be written on or stretched into a waterproof tent.
- A device that cores apples off of the tree before they are picked.
- Extendable stilts. This invention apparently malfunctioned on its first use, repeatedly bouncing Jay up and down between six feet and sixty feet. After a hundred bounces in the span of two minutes, Jay was dizzy for a month.
- Jay's elemental symbol is the Chinese character "羊", meaning "sheep."
- It is revealed in "On a Wish and a Prayer" that Cole is Jay's best friend
- In "Misfortune Rising," he was revealed to be an adopted child. His true father was Cliff Gordon the actor who played his hero, Fritz Donnegan.
- He is the only Ninjago character to appear in every episode of the series. This is because, in Skybound, he was the only Ninja to be trapped in the Djinn Blade for less than one episode (Nya was never trapped in the Djinn Blade at all, but she is absent during one of the Tournament of Elements episodes).
- Jay and the other Ninja (except Nya) can only harness their elemental powers by being dependent on Lloyd. This may due because Lloyd shares his Golden Power with them.
- Jay is the second person to kiss Nya, the first being Bizzaro Jay.
- Jay tends to worry about a plan that the other Ninja come up with.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/800279588173676549
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/780896469381328896
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/779422700230115328