- This is about the blades in the cartoon. For the blades seen in the sets, see Jadeblade Weapons.
The Jadeblades are weapons used primarily at the Tournament of Elements. Carved from the bones of Anacondrai, the Jadeblades were weapons reserved purely for the greatest Anacondrai Warriors as a sign of status and rank. Following the Anacondrai Tribe's entombment, Chen would later gather all of the Jadeblades, keeping them for himself, while also collecting bones from the Serpentine Tombs to create more.
Possessing one allows a competitor to move on in the tournament. Should a competitor fail to secure one (either to be found, or battled for it,) they would be disqualified from the competition.
- Unlike many of the other standard Ninjago weapons featured throughout each wave of sets, including the Golden Weapons, Elemental Blades, Techno Blades and Aeroblades, the Jadeblades were never crucial to the salvation of Ninjago; the Golden Weapons were used to kill the Great Devourer, the Techno Blades were used to defeat the Digital Overlord, and the Aeroblades were used to temporarily destroy the ghosts. The purpose of the Jadeblades was as a means of moving on in the Tournament of Elements, which could result in one of the Ninja being disqualified, endangering their various missions at the time.
- Kai, Jay, Lloyd, and Cole all have different types of Jadeblade-equipped weapons in their sets.
- Kai's Jadeblade weapon is a double-bladed sword.
- Jay's Jadeblade weapon is a spear with a blade at the end.
- Lloyd's Jadeblade weapon is a flail.
- Cole's Jadeblade weapon is a scythe.
- In 70756 Dojo Showdown, Kai's Jadeblade was also a scythe. This makes him the only Ninja to wield more than one variant of Jadeblades.
- Kai is the only Ninja to wield a pair of Jadeblades.
- Zane and Nya are the only Ninja who do not have a Jadeblade weapon.
- The Jadeblades were planned to be the Ninjas' weapons but were only used for the Tournament of Elements.
- The only time Jadeblades were seen used for fighting was in "Ninja Roll," when Lloyd and Chamille were briefly seen hitting them together like swords.
- It is unknown why Lloyd got the chained Jadeblade, since Jay was the first of the Ninja to use a chained weapon—the Nunchucks of Lightning.
- Though the Jadeblades appear in color to be made out of jade, it is possible this isn't their natural color, as they're made from the bones of Anacondrai, which, as shown in "Never Trust a Snake," are colored like regular bones.
- It is shown in "Stiix and Stones" that Ronin somehow managed to acquire a Jadeblade, which he offers to sell to the Ninja in his pawn shop.
- In The LEGO Batman Movie , when gearing up with Robin, Batman is shown to wield two Jadeblades, a reference to Ninjago.
- 47. "Stiix and Stones"