|Garmadon||Garmadon (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)|
| "Movie magic!"
This article is about a subject that is canon to the storyline of the LEGO Cinematic Universe.
|“I haven't even been a part of your life. How could I ruin it? I wasn't even there.”|
|— Garmadon to Lloyd|
Lord Garmadon is the "Worst Guy Ever" as well as the main antagonist turned anti-hero of the 2017 movie, The LEGO Ninjago Movie. He is the older brother of Master Wu, Lloyd's father, and Koko's ex-husband.
Garmadon wears black samurai armor and a towering horned helmet that makes him appear taller than he really is. He has four arms, red glowing eyes and a demonic, fanged smile.
At first, Garmadon seems to be bent on the destruction of Ninjago City, travelling to Ninjago City on the regular to try and conquer the city. However, as the movie goes on, he starts to develop as a person (or warlord?) and starts helping Lloyd develop his throwing skills, as well as helping the Secret Ninja Force get to the Temple of Fragile Foundations, which is revealed to be the 70617 Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon. By the end of the movie, he has moved in with Lloyd and his mother.
The baddest warlord of all time, Lord Garmadon has glowing red eyes, sharp teeth, horns, and four arms. Has an affinity for sharks. Lord Garmadon can smell fear, but everyone around him can see it because wherever he goes people flee in panic. Impatient, impulsive and completely self-absorbed, he likes to make a point by firing his generals …. from a volcano. Though he hasn’t been successful yet, Lord Garmadon never stops trying to take over NINJAGO City. But why? Could it be he needs to reconnect with the son he hardly knows?
Weapons and Abilities
Garmadon uses a shark staff that is tipped with a blade bearing tooth-liked spikes and a sword in the trailers, but he may be skillful with many other weapons, though these are his favorite weapons. He is also seen wielding the Ultimate Weapon after stealing it from Lloyd.
Garmadon is also a skilled Ninja, having amazing fighting skills and is highly trained in martial arts, including the dark ninja arts.
He has the element of Destruction like in his TV show counterpart.
- In the "Kicks and Bricks" featurette, it is revealed he got his four arms and demonic appearance after being bitten by a snake, which had been bitten by a spider. This is an obvious reference to the original Garmadon turning evil after being bitten by the Great Devourer, and the spider being a reference to his time in the Underworld.
- He is left-handed.
- He is 174 years old.
- Similarly to his TV counterpart, who in "Double Trouble" threw any serpent with a bad idea off the boat, Garmadon fired his generals out of a volcano if they had a bad idea.
- In the Ninjago TV series, Garmadon wanted to be part of Lloyd's life and for his son to lead a productive, good life, but due to his corruption, commits evil acts by impulse until he's later cleansed of it. In the film, Lord Garmadon is called the "Worst Guy Ever" in promotional materials, and seems to have always been willingly evil, plotting world domination when he and Koko were dating. That being said, he does seem to care for Lloyd to some extent, with some promotional materials implying part of his motivation for invading Ninjago City is to get to know his son.
- His flashback variant never actually appeared physically in the movie except in Garmadon's imagination, imagining if Koko and he got back together to raise Lloyd to have a normal life.
- Out of Lloyd, Koko, and Wu, Garmadon seems to dislike Wu the most, probably because he felt Wu was always the favorite one in his family.
- He mispronounces Lloyd's first name as "Luh-Loyd".
In The LEGO Ninjago Movie
- ↑ https://www.lego.com/en-us/ninjago/characters/lord-garmadon-ninjago-movie-42aa5b87ccc54019b5880edaa7ec4d2e
Secret Ninja Force
The Shark Army
Ninjago City Residents