|“If Pythor returns the Fangblades to the city of Ouroboros, he'll awaken the Great Devourer!”|
|— Master Wu|
|Four Silver Fangblades|
The Four Silver Fangblades are important Serpentine artifacts and weapons. They appear as silver daggers with ornate designs around the base of the blade and a round gem set at the end of the hilt. The gems and blades glow with a colored aura—green, red, blue, and grey—corresponding to the colors of the four main Serpentine tribes.
They are needed to summon the Great Devourer, which was said to consume all of Ninjago when awakened. The Fangblades were created from the Devourer's teeth, and are thus nearly indestrucible—only the magma of Torchfire Mountain is hot enough to destroy them.
Pythor's ultimate goal was to find the Fangblades and awaken the Great Devourer as a means of avenging the Serpentine's imprisonment by the ancient people of Ninjago. However, the only clue to the Fangblades' location was a cryptic riddle: When the five fangs unite as one, the path to unleashing the Great Devourer has begun.
To this end, Pythor released the other four tribes (with the help of the unwitting Lloyd Garmadon) and united them under his own leadership by defeating the Serpentine Generals in a Slither Pit. However, the map he sought did not reveal itself, prompting the Anacondrai to furiously ponder the riddle in his tribe's new underground lair. A chance scuffle between Acidicus and Skalidor provided the answer—"the five fangs" did not refer to the Serpentine tribes, but the General's Serpentine Staffs. When Pythor placed all five staffs together on a pedestal, their antivenoms dripped and mixed together—when a parchment was immersed in the puddle, a map to the four Fangblades was created.
Despite the Ninjas' best efforts, the Serpentine managed to gather all four Fangblades, keeping them under heavy guard in their underground fortress. However, the arrival of Lloyd—now the Green Ninja—and an attack by Lord Garmadon's Skulkin army allowed the Ninja to steal all of the Fangblades and make preparations to destroy them.
Unfortunately for the Ninja, Pythor snuck aboard their ship and reclaimed the Fangblades before they could be destroyed. After a furious chase between the full forces of the Ninja and the Serpentine Train, Pythor managed to reach the city of Ouroboros, where he placed the Fangblades in a statue of the Great Devourer. Upon doing so, the statue leaked venom into the Slither Pit and fell apart, allowing the Great Devourer to burst from its prison.
It is unknown what happened to the Fangblades after the Great Devourer was awakened and subsequently destroyed.
The locations of the four Fangblades are as follows:
- Hypnobrai: Mega Monster Amusement Park ("Once Bitten, Twice Shy")
- Fangpyre: Fire Temple ("The Green Ninja")
- Constrictai: The Blade Cup; formerly at the Desert Pyramid ("The Royal Blacksmiths")
- Venomari: Unknown location; Pythor traveled underground to avoid the Ninjas' notice—by the time they located him, he was too far away for them to stop him. Instead, the Ninja infiltrated the Serpentine's fortress in hopes of stealing the other three Fangblades (in "All of Nothing").
One of the four tribal silver fang blades that, when combined, will unleash the Great Devourer.
- Following the events of the Great Devourer, the locations of the four Fangblades are unknown.
- The Constrictai Fangbade is now, once again, in the Blade Cup, as seen in "The Forgotten Element" and "Stiix and Stones."