| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details and spoilers for a current or future season.
|“My father told me they call this the Dead Man's Squall.”|
“Do you remember much about your father before he left you as a child? When he was . . . bad?”
“No, not really. I was too young.”
|— Lloyd and Harumi, about Garmadon|
|"Dead Man's Squall"|
|Season 8, Episode 5|
|Air date||February 17, 2018 (Australia)|
|Written by||Bragi Schut|
"The Quiet One"
Dead Man's Squall is the fifth episode of Season 8: Sons of Garmadon. It was released on February 17th, 2018 in Australia.
Picking up to where the previous episode ends, Zane questioned Mr. E who he was. Ignoring him, Mr E fought with Zane, leaving him half destroyed. Before Mr E left, he put something in him and made a passing remark. The Ninja were searching for Zane when the flashlight shone on him. Nya, Lloyd, Jay, and Cole went down to put him back on the Bounty.
- The intro of this episode used Zane's death music, instead of the new theme.
- This is the second episode that ends with Lloyd suffering from some sort of injury, i.e, a broken arm or dislocated shoulder. The first is "Return of the Overlord" with a twisted ankle.
- It is, coincidentally, the same arm he injured in The LEGO Ninjago Movie.
- P.I.X.A.L.'s confession is quite similar to Nya's: when both are unable to assist the team, they reveal their secret.
- Samurai X's identity is revealed in this episode, being P.I.X.A.L. This raises suspicion, as it is unknown how she was able to return to her physical form.
- It is revealed why the Baby was the key to finding the third Oni Mask, the Mask of Hatred; the swaddling clothes used wrap the Baby was actually a map, meaning that the "key" the Sons of Garmadon members were referring to in the previous episode was the map.
- Lloyd broke the fourth wall in this episode; when Harumi suggested to use the map to the Mask of Hatred as a parachute, Lloyd replied in exasperation that it would not work because they were not in a cartoon.
- It did, however, ironically work.
- After Mr. E knocked Zane unconscious, he made a remark which sounded like gibberish. It was instead a message to the Quiet One. He said "The trap has been set" backwards.
- This is similar to an episode in the fifth season in which Zane was damaged and he can only speak backwards.
- Jay's meatball seems to change size.
- Before Mr. E goes to attack Zane, he cracks his neck. However, this is physically impossible, since he is a Nindroid.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, this episode will make it clear why the Weekend Whip wasn't used for the intro. He hints that this episode will be very dark.
- Zane's death music is why the Weekend Whip wasn't used.