|“Where there is light, there will always be shadow!”|
|— The Overlord to Lloyd|
|First Appearance||Return of the Overlord|
|Status||Existent; no longer used|
the two strongest elements in Ninjago, generally associated with the color dark purple, the opposite of Golden Power, and the source of all evil in Ninjago, including the Overlord. Darkness may be related to the other elements Shadow and Destruction, which might explain the confusion of the name.
In "Weapons of Destiny," Lord Garmadon revealed that he sought the Golden Weapons not to conquer Ninjago, but to escape The Underworld and find a means to control the combined power of the four weapons. When Samukai was overwhelmed by the weapons' power and transformed into a portal, Garmadon used it to travel to a dimension where Darkness had overcome the Light.
In "The Stone Army," Misako explained that Darkness came about as a natural counterbalance to Light, and the Overlord was its main manifestation. When the First Spinjitzu Master separated Ninjago into two halves, most of the Darkness (including the Overlord and his army) were trapped on what would come to be known as the Island of Darkness.
- Umbrakinesis - It grants the user to manipulate, control, and shape Darkness (also Shadow).
- Umbrakinetic Flight - It allows the user their elemental power to propel themselves up. As seen in "Return of the Overlord," The Overlord used this ability to combat against Lloyd Garmadon by using it as a advantage to quickly head back into the battle.
- Absolute Darkness - It allows the user to create a field of absolute impenetrable darkness. As seen in "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master," The Overlord (in Dragon form) trapped Lloyd inside the sphere of darkness.
- Darkness Breath - (Only displayed by The Overlord), the user can breath darkness and shadow commonly to attack or corrupt people.
- Dark Beam Emission - (Only displayed by The Overlord), the user can projects beams of darkness, usually to attack an adversary.
- Shadow Ball Projection - Also, the user can generate balls of darkness, commonly to trap or attack an adversary.
|Elements of Ninjago|