|“The future is what we make it.”|
|— Cyrus Borg|
|First Appearance||The Surge|
70722 OverBorg Attack
|Voice Actor||Lee Tockar|
A skilled and imaginative inventor, Cyrus Borg saw the damage done to Ninjago City by the battle with the Overlord as an opportunity. He rebuilt the place as New Ninjago City, packed with high technology upgrades, and built the Borg Industries complex right on the site of the Overlord’s defeat.''
Borg’s successes have been many, but his few failures have been spectacular as well (the electronic papercut carving set, the electric bath mat, the nuclear toothbrush, the turbo-jet powered, sub-orbital golf cart, etc.).
“When I make a mistake, I make a big one!” he has been known to say.
After the Final Battle
Cyrus Borg took the opportunity to use the destruction of Ninjago City as a way to rebuild this city as a technological marvel known as "New Ninjago City." He founded Borg Industries and built Borg Tower over the site of the destroyed Garmatron as a symbol of defiance towards evil. A few weeks before the visit of the Ninja, Borg discovered a virus that turned out to be the Overlord in his master computer. Knowing he could not stop the evil on his own, he created the Techno Blades and Techno Robes for the four Ninja.
Cyrus summons the Ninja-minus Lloyd to Borg Tower where he discreetly gives the Ninja the Techno Blades inside a statue of himself. The Digital Overlord finds out about his deed however and fits Cyrus with cybernetic parts that turn him into the Overlord's slave. Cyrus' walker then becomes the Digital Overlord's primary conveyance.
Cyrus' transport continues to serve as the Overlord's "body," while Cyrus himself appears limp and unresponsive.
With New Ninjago City's powerless, Cyrus was freed from the control of the Overlord. A few days after the blackout, a crew of engineers stumbled across Cyrus's body in the Borg Tower assembly line and removed the headpiece that had previously been installed to revive him. Once back in his old wheelchair, the inventor hurried back to his office and was dismayed to find both the hard drive containing the Digital Overlord and the recently captured Sensei Wu missing.
Upon the Ninja's return to the city, Cyrus welcomed them back, after assuring the other inhabitants who had not left that the Ninja were there to help. Much to his surprise, his assistant P.I.X.A.L. was with them, powered by half of Zane's power core. He then rushed her back to Borg Tower where he was able to use her energy to get his mainframe up and running again.
P.I.X.A.L. informed her creator that while she felt indebted to him, she also felt a powerful connection to Zane. Cyrus assured her that she didn't belonged to anyone, and that if she desired to go with with Zane then that was her choice. He was then startled as his scanners detected Nindroids in close proximity, and confused by their absence. P.I.X.A.L. realized what he had not; the Nindroids were underground beneath the building.
Re-assimilated back into the OverBorg, Borg freely began building a rocket for Pythor and the Nindroids to use to retrieve the Golden Weapons.
Borg broadcasted a radio warning about the Anacondrai's attacks, which was heard by Pythor.
When Ronin reactivated the Nindroids, Borg asked the Ninja to create a diversion while he went around setting up force fields. Nya later contacted him to ask about using the forcefield for the rest of the Nindroids, but Borg instead told the Ninja to destroy the power source.
After Morro obtained the Realm Crystal to unleash The Preeminent, Wu sold his tea shop to pay Borg to create some artillery against the ghost army. The inventor eagerly accepted the challenge and created the Blaster Bike, Jay Walker One, and upgraded Zane's Titan Mech. Unfortunately, he lost track of time and thus could only create Kai a headband. He then met the Ninja at Steep Wisdom where he presented them with their new vehicles, though noted how much they had all changed.
Cyrus has the body of a normal LEGO figure. He has jet black hair usually combed over to one side. In his first appearance, he was seen wearing a formal blue-gray jacket over his black turtle neck sweater. When the Overlord made Cyrus Borg into the Overborg, he was not seen with his jacket, but in place, robotic pieces on the right side of his body. He is always in his wheel chair or his spider-like chair that he made.
- He was disabled since birth, so he built the chair he sits in, called "Artificial Limbs."
- His name is a play on the word cyborg.
- His good form does not appear in any official LEGO Ninjago set.
- Zane made Cyrus Borg realize that people are more important than technology in The Titanium Ninja.
- He created the Security Droids to protect the fake Golden Armor after the Golden Master was defeated. Lloyd defeated them while testing them in The Invitation.
- Since he recreated or modified the functions of the nindroids to make them as Security Droids, it's unknown if he'll ever recreate Cryptor and Min-Droid maybe he will or not.
- He made an appearance in "Curse World - Part I" to give the Ninja inventions to fight the Ghosts and the Preeminent.
- In The Surge, before he was possessed, his right hand kept switching between black and yellow. Therefore it is unknown whether he was a cyborg before his possession.
- The second time he is possessed he is very much alive and evil, but in his first possession, he is limp and unresponsive. He also loses his glasses in his OverBorg state.
- 70722 OverBorg Attack
- LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin (Non-playable)