|“Where'd you guys come from?”|
|Location||The Sixteen Realms|
|Inhabitants||Anthropomorphic Lions, Bears, Gorillas, Wolves, Eagles, Ravens, Crocodiles, Rhinos, Peacocks, Pigeons, Scorpions, Spiders, Bats, Saber-Tooth Tigers, Vultures, Mammoths, Phoenixes, Foxes, Skunks, Ice Bears, Beavers, Leopards, and Tigers|
Chima is a massive, floating continent about the size of Ninjago hovering above an even larger world. Mostly comprised of jungles, swamps, and a few deserts, Chima is a generally warm and tropical place, with ice and snow being considered a phenomenon due to the warm climate.
In the middle of Chima is a floating mountain known as Mount Cavora, which is the source of Chi, a liquid energy that can be harnessed for a near-infinite amount of different uses. In the skies is the Mother Sun, a mysterious being whose actions led to the creation of the land. Located near a lake is a stone known as the Forever Rock, a former hiding place for one of the Fire Harnesses and above an entrance to one of the other Sixteen Realms.
At an unknown point in time, Chima came into existence alongside the rest of the Sixteen Realms. Overlooked by the Mother Sun, the Mother Sun sent down the Phoenixes to help civilize the beings below, only for conflict to arise. Following a battle between the Phoenix and Hunter Tribes, an imperfect Great Ilumination created chi waters that led to the evolution of the rest of the tribes, who would be involved in multiple civil wars before finally attaining peace with a second, perfect Great Illumination.
While Morro and Lloyd traversed dimensions during their battle for the Realm Crystal, they landed atop Chima's Spiral Mountain where Laval, Cragger, and their friends were sitting. Laval inquired what they were doing there, but Morro ushered them away to another realm before the two could reply.
Season 5: Possession
- 54. "Curseworld, Part II"
- LEGO Dimensions (non-canon)
- Chima is one of the Realms that does not have humans in it; instead, its inhabitants are anthropomorphic animals.
- The Mother Sun is similar to the Preeminent in that both are female deities that have an apparent control over their respective realms and are masters of a large group of beings with unique, distinct powers. Additionally, neither the Preeminent nor Mother Sun are seen talking within the show. It is possible that, like the Preeminent, the Mother Sun is the embodiment of Chima, or at least the alternate realm counterpart to the Preeminent.
- The footage of Chima seen in the Ninjago cartoon is taken from "Ravens Vs. Eagles," the fifteenth episode of the Legends of Chima cartoon.