- Were you looking for the Digital Overlord Faction?
|“And how cool is it that I can honestly say, 'My brother is a Nindroid'?”|
|— Jay to Zane|
Androids (also called Nindroids) are human-like robots in Ninjago that resemble other human characters and can be mistaken for them if they have a flesh-like exoskeleton.
Believed to be an orphan, Zane lived a mysterious life until discovered by Master Wu and taken as a student. Despite feeling overwhelmed with his new friends, the Ice Ninja still felt disappointed with his unknown past. Up upon till a special discovery with a mysterious Falcon, Zane and the Ninja met many important missions; though they didn’t expect one adventure to lead them to a hidden workshop, only to witness the fact that Zane was not only special—he was a Nindroid, built to protect others.
After the Golden Ninja defeated the Overlord for the first time, the Ninja became teachers with the exception of Lloyd. Soon, Nya reported a trip to Borg Industries, whereas Zane met P.I.X.A.L., a Nindroid based off of Zane. When the Overlord virus turned P.I.X.A.L. aggressive, she used her previous scan of Zane and upgraded his schematics to mane a more up-to-date robot army.
Upon facing the Nindroids surrounding P.I.X.A.L., Zane encountered General Cryptor, a brand-new Nindroid based off his own design while also upgraded with superior abilities.
While thinking of a means to use Jay's last wish against Nadakhan, both he and Nya unexpectedly encounter Echo Zane, an inferior copy of Zane built from scrap parts but with the same programming to protect others. Although this Nindroid is prone to falling apart, he proves his worth during the raid on Jay and Nya's tower.
- All of the evil Nindroids were built by P.I.X.A.L. (when she was controlled by the Overlord) and based off of Zane's design.
- Jay coined the term Nindroid in "Tick Tock."
- Cyrus Borg's Security Droids at first look identical to the evil Nindroids, only they work for good instead of evil: however in "Public Enemy Number One," they gain white clothing.
- As of "Public Enemy Number One," a new Nindroid leader who resembles Cryptor appears.
- Mr. E is the only evil Nindroid who is not known to serve the Overlord.