Airjitzu (or Cyclon-Do, as it is referred by Jay) is a martial arts technique that was created by Master Yang. It involves the user tapping into their innate elemental energies while spinning rapidly, creating a tornado-like vortex of energy around themselves which also allows them to levitate over land.
It is similar to Spinjitzu, but the exact relation between the two martial arts is unclear.
Airjitzu grants the user the ability to fly in a small vortex of a specific element and color around themselves in the form of a single, short burst for under ten seconds.
Later after Kai secured the Sword of Sanctuary, he used Airjitzu to reach the Destiny's Bounty 2.0.
After Lloyd manged to break the Ninja free, he, Kai, Zane, and Jay (who carried Nya) used Airjitzu to escape "The Hole."
Briefly, Nya uses Airjitzu to escape the worm creatures.
After Jay made his final wish for the Teapot of Tyrahn to have never be found, the six Ninja uses Airjitzu.
The following events did occur in the current timeline, and thus happened in the current timeline.
After Jay and Nya were knocked off the Destiny's Bounty by an unnatural storm they used Airjitzu to safely land on the Dark Island. The two would later use Airjitzu to battle a Leviathan.
When Wu and Lloyd fell into quicksand after being chased by a pack of gorillas, Wu used Airjitzu to pull them out.
Under the influence of Dark Matter, Lloyd used Airjitzu to hop from the Destiny's Bounty onto the mainland.
Cole used Airjitzu to fly up to the Temple of Airjitzu.
When Zane was confronted by Cryptor, he attempted to use Airjitzu to escape.
When the Rift of Return opened, Yang attempted to use Airjitzu to fly towards it. However, Cole used Airjitzu to catch up with him and the two fell back to the Temple. After making amends, Cole used Airjitzu to fly him and Yang to the Rift but Yang realized that the curse required one of them to remain as a ghost. He threw Cole through the Rift, turning him back into a human.
- Wrayth (not in the show)
- Wu (The Dark Island Trilogy only)
- Skylor (Ninjago Rush only)
Types of Airjitzu
- Fire — used by Kai
- Lightning — used by Jay
- Water — used by Nya
- Ice — used by Zane
- Earth — used by Cole
- Energy — used by Lloyd
- Wind — used by Morro
- Unknown Green Airjitzu — used by Wrayth (non-canon)
- Golden Airjitzu — used by Yang (element-less)
- Amber — used by Skylor (non-canon)
- All of the Ninjas' Airjitzu appear to be blue whereas Morro appears to have a green Airjitzu.
- In "Curseworld, Part II," it is shown that the Airjitzu of the Ninja turned to their element's colors. This indicates that someone with an active elemental power will have an Airjitzu technique the same color as their element, as the Ninja were without their powers in previous episodes.
- In "Curseworld, Part I," Lloyd used his Airjitzu for the first time. It was still green because he had experienced Morro use Airjitzu with his body.
- Wrayth never uses Airjitzu in the TV series despite him having a LEGO flyer.
- In "My Dinner With Nadakhan," Nya learned Airjitzu for the first time.